Call for 1 contract for Junior ResearcherPorto: CEAA/ESAP-CESAP 12.09.20 a 09.10.20
AVISO n.º 13823/2020, published in Diário da República, 2a Série no 178 / 0 de 11.09.2020.
Announcement for the opening of an international selection tender procedure for the attribution of 1 (one) work contract vacancy to a junior researcher in the framework of the Contract Program signed between the Cooperativa de Ensino Superior Artístico do Porto and the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia for the Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo.
By order of the President of the Board of the Cooperativa de Ensino Superior Artístico do Porto (CESAP), Professor Doctor Manuel Fernando da Costa e Silva, following a proposal approved at a meeting of the Scientific Council of 31st July 2020, and under the terms of Decree-Law No. 57/2016, of 29 August, it is publicly announced for a period of 20 working days, following the publication of the present Notice in Diário da República, an international tender to fulfill 1 (one) vacancy for the position of junior researcher. This position is for the exercise, on an exclusive basis, of scientific research activities in the field of Theory and History of Architecture, to be developed within the research group Architectural Studies at the Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo (CEAA) integrated in CESAP's Escola Superior Artística do Porto, under the Pluriannual Financing Program Contract for R&D Units 2020-2023, signed between the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia IP (FCT, IP) and the Cooperativa de Ensino Superior Artístico do Porto (CESAP). This contract is financed by national funds through FCT, I.P. (programmatic financing ref. UIDP / 04041/2020).
2. Characterization of the vacant post:
2.1. The Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo develops research in the field of Artistic Studies, specifically in the areas of Theory, Criticism and History, being organized in three research groups - Architecture Studies, Film and Art Studies and Critical Studies - and a transversal research line: Common Place.
2.2. The vacant position is included in the work program of the Architectural Studies Group, privileging the articulation with the research axis Strong Relations, which is centered on the theoretical and critical legacies and the exploration of crossed perspectives. This axis aims to study the contribution of Portuguese theory and criticism for the international architectural culture. New methods and tools will be used in the study of such production, such as social network analysis and qualitative methods of analysis. The relationship between theory and design practice will also be one of the fields to be explored.
2.3. The researcher to be hired is expected to:
- Carry out research in articulation with the main lines of work of the Architectural Studies Group, with special emphasis on the Strong Relations’ axis;
- contribute for the development of the CEAA, namely through the organization and production of scientific events and the dissemination of the unit's activity;
- participate in the preparation of new projects and in the structuration of national and international networks;
- produce research that results in articles, books, web platforms and other types of outputs;
- collaborate in the management, supervision and monitoring of CEAA's scientific activity.
3. Applicable Legislation:
This international tender is ruled by the provisions of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29th August, in its current version, which approves the regime for hiring doctorates aimed at stimulating scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (Legal Regime of Scientific Employment - RJEC), by the Portuguese Labor Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of February 12, in its current wording and by the other applicable legislation and regulations.
4. Place of work:
The workplace is located at the Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo – Escola Superior Artística do Porto (Largo de S. Domingos, 80; 4050-545 Porto), and / or in other places necessary for the development of the research activities.
Gross monthly remuneration: (euro) 2,134.73, corresponding to level 33 of the single remuneration table, approved by Ordinance No. 1553-C / 2008, of December 31 and combined with Decree-Law No. 10-B / 2020, of March 20, which updated the remuneration base and the value of the monthly base remunerations of the Public Administration.
6. General admission requirements:
6.1. Nationals, foreigners and stateless persons who hold a doctoral degree in the field of Architecture and holders of a scientific and professional curriculum that reveal a profile appropriate to activity to be developed may be candidates to this tender procedure.
6.2. If the candidate's doctorate degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, its recognition must comply with the provisions of Portuguese law on the registration / recognition of foreign degrees, and any formalities established there must be completed by the expiration date of the application period, under penalty of exclusion and without prejudice to the following number.
6.3. If the candidate on the application's deadline has not obtained the document certifying the registration / recognition of the foreign degree, a copy of the proof of application for this registration / recognition may be provisionally accepted from the competent national entity for its issue. In case of being selected, the contract signature is conditioned by the presentation of the formal document.
7. Specific admission requirements:
7.1. In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, candidates must have:
- doctoral degree for less than 5 years;
- proven research experience in the field of theory, criticism and history of modern and contemporary architecture (19th-21st centuries);
- experience in national and / or international scientific research projects;
- scientific texts published in the scientific area of the competition;
- experience in teamwork, supervision of young researchers, fund-raising, submission of projects and participation in scientific networks;
- dominate Portuguese and English language (spoken and written).
8. Evaluation and selection process:
8.1. The selection of the doctorate to be hired is carried out by the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path of the candidates.
8.2. In accordance with the Article 5th of the RJEC the evaluation of the scientific and curricular path focuses on the relevance, quality and timeliness of:
- The scientific, technological, cultural or artistic production of the last five years considered most relevant by the candidate;
- Applied or practice-based research activities carried out in the last five years and considered to have the greatest impact by the candidate;
- The activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge developed in the last five years, namely in the context of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, considered of greater relevance by the candidate;
- Science, technology and innovation program management activities, or experience in observing and monitoring the scientific and technological system or higher education, in Portugal or abroad.
8.3. The five-year period as mentioned above may be increased by the jury, at the request of the candidate, when based on suspension of scientific activity for socially protected reasons, namely, for reasons of parental leave, prolonged serious illness, and other situations of unavailability for work legally protected.
8.4. The classification system of the candidates is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100 points, bearing in mind that for each item only the relevant activity for the competition area will be considered.
8.5. The evaluation criteria are those contained in this paragraph:
a) Quality of the scientific production considered by the candidate as most relevant to the project to be developed, which was given a weighting factor of 40 points considering:
- research experience in the field of theory, criticism and history of modern and contemporary architecture (19th-21st centuries) (8 points);
- participation and possible coordination of national and / or international scientific research projects (8 points);
- the existence and authorship of scientific texts published in the area of the competition (8 points);
- the experience in group work, supervision of young researchers, fund-raising, submission of projects and integration into scientific networks (8 points);
- experience in the development of innovative methodologies and use of digital tools, such as network analysis and textual analysis (8 points).
b) Proposal of a scientific contribution to the CEAA, with a clear identification of the aims, activities to be developed and expected results, which was given a weighting factor of 30%, considering:
- the relevance and adequacy of the proposal regarding the scope in which the tender is opened (10 points);
- scientific merit and degree of innovation (10 points);
- the feasibility of the proposal and its international potential (10 points).
c) Activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge considered by the candidate of greatest relevance to the project to be developed, which was given a weighting factor of 30 considering:
- the presentation of papers and conferences in national and international scientific events (12 points);
- organization of scientific events on a national and international scale, namely congresses and workshops (12 points);
- promotion of public debates with an international impact (6 points).
8.6. The evaluation process includes an interview with the three candidates with the highest ranking, which aims to clarify aspects related to the results of their investigation.
8.7. The evaluation of the interview is expressed on a scale of 0 to 100 points and must take into account the scientific knowledge and the communication skills demonstrated by the candidate, as well as the answers to the questions posed by the jury.
8.8. Candidates who are interviewed will be assigned a new rating in addition to the one initially indicated which will be based on the following formula: Final rating = 90% (curriculum evaluation) + 10% (interview).
9. Composition of the Jury:
According to Article 13th of the RJEC, the jury is composed by the following members:
- Maria Helena Maia, Professora Auxiliar of Escola Superior Artística do Porto and Head Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo
- Joana Cunha Leal, Professora Auxiliar of Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas of Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Luís Soares Carneiro, Professor Associado of Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade do Porto
- Marta Lalanda Prista, Investigadora of Centro em Rede de Investigação em Antropologia / Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Tiago Cardoso de Oliveira, Professor Auxiliar Convidado of Universidade da Beira Interior.
10. Deliberation of the Jury and form of advertising:
10.1. The jury deliberates through a nominal vote in a reasoned manner in accordance with the selection criteria adopted and disclosed.
10.2. Proceedings of the jury meetings are drawn up, containing a summary of what happened in the meeting, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and the respective classification.
10.3. After completing the evaluation process, the jury proceeds with the preparation of the ordered list of approved candidates with the respective classification.
10.4. The final decision of the jury is approved by the President of the Board of CESAP, the institution responsible for this contract position.
10.5. The ordered list of the candidates will be posted on the facilities of the Escola Superior Artística do Porto (Largo de S. Domingos, 80; 4050-545 Porto) as well as on the ESAP (www.esap.pt) and CEAA (www.ceaa.pt) websites. The candidates will be notified by email about the availability of this list.
11. Final decision:
11.1. After notification of the results, the candidates have, if they wish so, 10 days to submit an appeal on the deliberation of the Jury.
11.2. Within the five working days following the end of the period for the candidates to submit an appeal, the jury will pronounce the final decision.
12.1. The applications should be submitted electronically in Portuguese or English to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org until the deadline set up in the present notice.
12.2. The application requirement should be addressed to CESAP's Direction President, which shall contain the following elements, among others:
a) identification of the tender procedure;
b) identification of the candidate by his / her full name, date of birth, nationality and postal and electronic addresses;
c) indication of the degrees held by the candidate;
d) mention that the candidate declares that the elements or facts contained in the application are true.
12.3. In addition, the application shall include the following documentation in digital format:
- motivation letter;
- curriculum vitae;
- certificate attesting the doctoral degree;
- sample of a publication considered relevant by the candidate;
- scientific proposal to contribute to the CEAA (3 pages maximum);
- any other documents considered by the candidate as relevant for the application in accordance with the requirements of admission and the evaluation criteria mentioned in this Notice.
12.4. The curriculum vitae shall include:
- identification of the candidate;
- contact, address, phone number and email address;
- all information relevant to the evaluation of the application taking into account the admission requirements and the evaluation criteria referred to in this Notice.
12.5. Applications that do not comply with the instructions correctly or do not prove the requirements required in this tender procedure shall not be accepted.
12.6. The jury has the power to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present supporting documents for their statements.
12.7. The failure to submit clarifications, information, or documents that are requested within 5 working days means that the application has been withdrawn.
12.8. False statements made by the candidates will be punished under the law.
13. Application deadline:
The application deadline is 20 (twenty) working days from the working day immediately after the date of publication of this Notice in Diário da República, ending at midnight on the last day, Lisbon time zone.
14. Characteristics of the contract:
The doctorate will be hired under a uncertain-term employment contract up to a maximum of 6 years, under the terms of the applicable legislation.
15. Final provisions:
15.1. This tender procedure is intended exclusively to fill the vacancy indicated and may be terminated until the final ranking list of candidates is approved and expires with the respective occupation of the job on offer.
15.2. The present tender procedure and the contract concluded as a result of the same will only take effect if the financing conditions are met by FCT.
15.3. This tender procedure can be canceled when it is deserted, when any case of force majeure occurs, or when budgetary reasons, supervening at the opening of the tender, determine it.
16. Personal data
16.1 CESAP is responsible for the processing of the personal data made available, within the scope of this tender procedure, processing the data necessary for the fulfillment of legal obligations and the pursuit of legitimate interests of CESAP within the scope of the contracting process, for the sole purpose of managing the application.
16.2 CESAP guarantees the security and confidentiality of the processing of candidates' personal data in this tender procedure, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
16.3 The candidates are now aware that the provision of their personal data to CESAP, through the Application Form, the respective elements, and the subsequent sending via e-mail, is necessary and mandatory for the purposes of participating in this tender procedure.
16.4 The personal data treated within the scope of this tender procedure will be kept until the term of the written contract to be established in the framework of such tender, plus the prescription and forfeiture deadlines of the rights arising therefrom, unless obliged to keep them for a longer period under the law, after which they will be eliminated.
16.5 The personal data collected will only be communicated to third parties for the purposes of this tender procedure, namely to the Jury of the procedure responsible for examining applications, to CEEA and FCT, without prejudice to the legal or regulatory obligation that imposes such communication.
16.6 The candidates will be able to review the personal information that concerns them and that has been collected by CESAP, as well as to exercise the right of correction, deletion, limitation, portability and opposition to the treatment of such information by contacting CESAP to the following address: Largo de S. Domingos, 80; 4050-545 Porto.
16.7 The candidates may also submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission, if they consider that CESAP has not complied with the data protection rules.