On Cinema | 2022 - International Conference | Call for papers11 months, 3 weeks ago
Call for papers
Grupo de Investigação Estudos de Cinema
CEAA | Centro de Estudos Arnaldo Araújo
Escola Superior Artística do Porto, Portugal
This conference will seek to explore the effects of rapidly changing technologies and platforms on the study of different issues in film, television and multimedia: how postgraduate researchers in a context of change face the relationship between cinema and narrative; how new technologies multimedia do affects the way that film and multimedia schools develop new pedagogies and methods in teaching film and audiovisual; and how do changes in the present affect relationship between film and other arts. In this context we invite the national and international scientific community to gather around three main themes:
1. Film and narrative: morphology, taxonomy, analytical, pragmatic, poetic, and narrative models on film and audiovisual.
2. The Cinema in dialogue with the arts: relationships between cinema and visual arts, theater, literature, photography, design and architecture.
3. Film in the schools: film and pedagogy, theory and history of cinema, new methodologies in teaching, film, audiovisual and multimedia schools and technology challenges, film production in the university context.
We welcome proposals for 20-minute presentations in English, which should include:
- Title of the proposal
- Applicant’s identification (name, institution, country, position and email)
- Abstract (up to 300 words)
- Short curriculum vitae (up to 100 words)
Proposals must be sent by feeling the abstract proposal form
Deadline for abstract submission – November 15, 2021
Notification of acceptance of abstract – December 15, 2021
Deadline for full paper submission – January 15, 2022
Papers review – February 15, 2022
Final full paper submission - March 15, 2022
Deadline for Registration – March 15, 2022
Conference – April 6-8, 2022